Well, at least I hope. That’s where you come in! If you are a blogger or writer please consider writing an article for the 3rd Annual Carnival of Gentle Discipline.
The 2nd Annual Carnival of Gentle Discipline will take place June 27 through July 1.
How can you participate?
There are lots of ways!
- Original Posts – Submit an original post on a Gentle Discipline topic (see below for ideas) to be posted on your blog during the week of the Carnival. This should be a well-written, unpublished piece submitted by June 18th using the submission form. You will receive instructions on when to post and header/footer information to include in your post. I will be grouping posts by topic to debut on different days through out the week so you may submit multiple posts and they will be listed on a different day between June 25 and June 29. The deadline for submission is Monday, June 18!
- If you are not a blogger: please email me at parentinggently AT gmail DOT com and I will find a blog to host your post.
- Discussion – Last year we had great discussion around many of the posts from bloggers and readers. In the end this is the most valuable part of the Carnival! I received several emails from people thanking me for opening their eyes to another way (perhaps you did too?) and that is the heart of this Carnival. Twitter, Facebook, Tumblr – let the world know that gentle discipline works!
Oh, yeah, and PRIZES!
A Carnival and a Crusade
- Your childhood experience with/without GD
- Why you choose GD with your kids
- GD during difficult situations
- Societal/family pressure to spank or give time outs
- Permissiveness – the slippery slope and how to avoid it
- Creating a “yes” environment
- Using time-in instead of time-out
- The dangers of praise
- Respecting children’s feelings
- Discipline through play
- Sex differences in GD (apply differently to boys/girls? is this desirable?)
- “The Hardest Part of GD is…”
- Sibling “rivalry”
- Dealing with teachers and caregivers
This is just a sample. Feel free to post on any related topic! Topics prohibited include spanking, corporal punishment, love-withdrawal, positive conditioning, parent-forced time-outs, withholding of basic care such as food, etc.
Please spread the word about the Carnival! The more participants we have to stronger the cry for Gentle Discipline! I’m a tiny blog in a big pond! Help me get the word out!