I spend an inordinate amount of time each day on two sites: Pinterest and Etsy. And this isn’t because I recently opened my own shop. I’ve always loved to drool over DIY tutorials, beautiful art, and eco-friendly and handmade products – often by fellow moms! I’ve decided to recap some of my favorite things of the week and share some items from a group of friends who also create beautiful items. I hope it gives you something to browse, try, or buy.
Feel free to link to your favorite things in the comments!
Do It Yourself of the Week:
This is a great project that you can have kids help make and then, of course, they’ll love using the paints. I love the vibrant colors! This is made with soap – which is great because it cleans while they play but I’d also caution you for kids with sensitive skin and kids too young to understand the need to avoid their eyes. Aellyn understands now (it only takes once) so these work great for her.
My Favorite Etsy Items This Week:
Here are my 3 favorite eco-friendly items this week from Etsy!
I love the car shape on these Recycled Crayons - http://www.etsy.com/listing/80490145/recycled-crayonsgreat-for-back-to-school.
I LOVE these! So cute and also an easy mini-costume for baby. Baby Bear Slippers – Fuzzy Mocha with Dark Claws - http://www.etsy.com/listing/82343175/baby-bear-slippers-fuzzy-mocha-with-dark
The Fairy Doors in this shop are each so unique. Really every kids room should have a fairy door! - http://www.etsy.com/listing/80741586/fairy-door-in-paprika-and-blue
I’m part of a group called Blast Out Friday that, each Friday, features fellow crafters favorite items. Look at some of these cute things! Some great Autumn themes too.
1) Caprica Accessories – Barbie pink, lollypop glitter ring! Have some fun with your accessories! www.etsy.com/listing/81828165
2) Felt Dress Up Doll Play Mat – quiet and portable imaginative playwww.etsy.com/listing/81518246
3) A Party Studio- Superman personalized hang tags. Perfect for your little superhero’s party favors! www.etsy.com/listing/73250623
4) Beautiful swag Store-Polka Dots and Stitches Bows perfect for putting in pig tails.www.etsy.com/listing/75593150
5) Blue Eyed Blessings – Red, White & Blue HAND WEAVED Headband with Hair Bow (3 in 1 bow) – You get THREE hair bows in ONE!! www.etsy.com/listing/80758048
6) Kindred Scents Soy Candles- Just in time for Autumn…Pumkin Pie Spice Soy Tart Melts. www.etsy.com/listing/79655718
7) Goodies By Greiner-In need of a simple “FALL HANGING” then you’ll love this 8 x 10 canvas sign! It’s ready to go, just in time for your fall decor!http://www.etsy.com/listing/82132389
8) Pedaling Designs – Kid’s Personlized Stationary for you little Fisherman! A personalized gift is always a perfect gift! www.etsy.com/listing/81847559
9) EllaBugInspired- Halloween Tutu and Headband Set for your Little Bug!www.etsy.com/listing/82266957
10) bebowutiful: Halloween will be here before you know it! Complete your outfit with this bow! www.etsy.com/listing/79803556
11) The Blue Lantern: Get your baby ready for football season with this adorable football hat! www.etsy.com/listing/71594096